Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I would rather go to office feeling excited and happy instead of comparing my salary with anyone else. I would rather walk or use public transport instead of buying a bike or a car 'coz I don't wanna contribute to the air & noise pollution, and the traffic congestion. And I JUST love walking.

I would rather do all the household work myself instead of making anyone else do them 'coz I choose to.
I would rather read a book, play the guitar or do something better, instead of watching TV everyday 'coz I believe you switch off your life when you switch on the TV.
I would rather go for a court marriage instead of spending a huge ridiculous amount on meaningless rituals & traditions, and unknown never-seen relatives & guests.
I would rather adopt a kid instead of having my own.
I would rather buy a plot of land in the hills instead of buying an apartment in the no-breathing-standing-living-space cities.
I would rather play an acoustic guitar instead of playing an electric one.
I would rather spend on/sponsor one of my cousin's education instead of sending any money for my 2 eldest brothers who had all the privileges & opportunities but threw them away coz of over-sized egos, total stupidity & plain fucking laziness. And I'm going to do it within the next 6 months, whether anyone in my immediate family likes it or not.

13 comments:

heh? ok said...

yay! i love clarity :)

Dreamcatcher said...

Rebel with a cause ..:)

Sanjana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonia said...

i'd want my own kid as well. everything else sounds fine :)

good luck

Anonymous said...

I would rather go for a court marriage instead of spending a huge ridiculous amount on meaningless rituals & traditions, and unknown never-seen relatives & guests.

I would rather adopt a kid instead of having my own.

I would rather buy a plot of land in the hills instead of buying an apartment in the no-breathing-standing-living-space cities.

I am gonna do all three. :D

Michelle said...

very selfless :) cheers!

Prax said...

Fellow Maverick, way to go!

zypsy said...

sangy: me too:-)

dc & michelle: just someone who wants to do what he loves and believes in.

sonia: i know. for me too, the kid & the court marriage is going to be difficult coz you need a woman for both:-)

ash: good luck and god bless!!!

gates: thanks!!

lemon said...

awesome..!! make them happen...

Anonymous said...

I am still in shock after reading ur post.....

I would do exactly that!!!

Bravo!

Monika said...

wow !!! bravo.... my wish and thoughts are exactly the same with u in most of the points just that i am waiting for so much courage to come in me

brilliant post

The New Age Superhero said...

haila! mera bechada hua judwaa bhai mil gaya! :P

zypsy said...

the wall: really?? :-)