Friday, August 19, 2005

if i...

If I stop these paeans
will you drop your mask

If I tell you the bitter truth
will you throw away your paper crown

If I look down on you
will you smash your wooden horse

If I close my eyes
will you end your masquerade

If my silence grows
will you still ramble on

If I stop listening
will you shut up and suffocate

If I run out in the sweet dirty rain
will you be there to play with me

If I take off all my clothes
will you shed your pretences

If I walk all alone
will you hold my callused hands

And if I were to die tomorrow
will you dance on my grave
under a morose looking moon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u write it on your own? If yes then i am amazed to read it. Very beautiful and depicts clearly what you think.

zypsy said...

yes varsha, i wrote everything on my own:-)
thanks elf!!

consise10 said...

Great and definately relate! Thankyou.

Shivangi Misra said...

Not fair. I truly wish I could write that well... it makes one uncomfortable, and thats why its so beautiful. You just have to rub off some of that 'magic words' dust on to me...

Arunima said...

If you were to die tomorrow, will you let me hold your hand and listen to you speak?