Wednesday, August 31, 2005

the recluse

a riot of colors and sounds
as the world passes by

serenity broken
beliefs blown away
reality's a dream

close my eyes
let me see again

let me drift away
let me embrace the darkness
and everything that's not right

but solitude won't leave me alone
dancing our ridiculous li'l dance together
we pretend everything's all right

my dreams have betrayed me
my dreams have locked me up
but my dreams console me
but my dreams keep me going
and these dreams are all i have

5 comments:

Boz said...

I enjoyed your poetry. I have a similar blog, if you'd like to peruse. Perhaps trade links?

houseofboz.blogspot.com

-Z

consise10 said...

I will most definately return to your blog. You depict most of my feelings so vividly in your verse. Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

>>>serenity broken
beliefs blown away
reality's a dream

>>>close my eyes
let me see again

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Read all your posts. Your poetry is alive and beautiful! I'm going to link you to my blog. :)

Shivangi Misra said...

I'll drop back again... loved your links. gothic literature... hmmm. but tell me, what does the word 'gothic' mean by itself? its generally used as a descriptive word, meaning a particular style of art, architecture, etc.