Tuesday, March 21, 2006

photographs

From an under graduate to a research scientist in string theory and cosmology, from someone 7 years younger to someone 8 years older, these are the women I've known and loved.

H - You were a dream. Beautiful, intelligent and caring, you were lovely beyond imagination. But our love wasn't enough, we dreamt big but we were just too far apart. Two hopeless romantics in two different countries. I have to let you go coz I didn't have the heart to make you wait; wait for me to grow rich, come to your country and work there. I remember your last words, "I will never be able to love anyone as strongly as I love you." I believed you then, and I still do.

From you, I learned what "lovely" means. From you, I learned what being faithful is all about.

J - You were that cute li'l girl, so easy to fall in love with. You tried so hard to impress me, to like the things I love. And your lies, those small lies that grew so big that both of us couldn't manage in the end.

From you, I learned how to flirt. From you, I learned that the most innocent looking face can mask a heart full of lies.

T - You came like a comet in my life. We collided; we both exploded and gave up a part of ourselves to each other. You were the first woman who challenged my beliefs, the first woman who cried when I said I love you, and the first woman who love and drank dark rum more than me. We had to let each other go because there were too many obstacles, and the rules of society that need to be broken, they were just too many.

You taught me how to love a woman, and everything beyond.

L - You were the one with a TEMPER. Tiny and so fair-skinned, I could never imagine what was underneath.

From you, I learned that a woman can be so stubborn and egoistic.

J - You were the most overgrown kid I've ever known. Scarred by your first love, you were so confused and so vulnerable. And I could never be the perfect love that your heart wanted.

You taught me how to deal with a woman's endless, ever changing moods.

Like everyone else, I remember all of you sometimes. But unlike everyone else, I will never look back, nor have I ever looked. You were there in my life, once upon a time. But like the view from the window of a car, moving along a highway, you are all behind me now, gone forever. And those moments we shared, and the love and happiness we felt - they have become hazy, neglected and forgotten like the old faded photographs in a family album.

I'm a pilgrim; I'm a tourist on this planet. What I have right now, what I see and feel today, and where I'm going tomorrow - that's all that matters to me. And you, my woman, you are the love of my life. And you, my sweet, you come above everything and everyone else.

We are going to be together, forever, very very soon. Goodnight and sweet fragrant dreams, my love.

9 comments:

Arunima said...

Hi Zypsy!!

I have this habit of getting distracted. I was just counting :-)

onmyowntrip said...

Awwww that was choo sweet and senti.
The thing is after every relationship flirty or seriousI loose a part of myself.
Something that is lost and can never come back .
Somehow all those experiences have made me alot more stronger .
Your post bought back some memories .

zypsy said...

arunima, these are the women i've loved. i haven't included the women who have loved me..:-)

ash, i agree, the memories can't be completely wiped off.

"There are some crazy people who live for true love." They are the eternal romantics and i'm one of them:-)

onmyowntrip: "all those experiences have made me a lot more stronger." - stronger, richer and more mature.

~Nitoo Das~ said...

Lovely little snaps. One can almost see them. I liked T best. :)

zypsy said...

river: one day, i'm gonna write about the woman i'm in love with right now (think i've written quite a few already). and then you will say "She's absolutely the best!":-)

Jan said...

"But unlike everyone else, I will never look back, nor have I ever looked."

Wish I could do that. But there are some good memories that are just so hard to forget, and one can not help but look back.

Great blog. Am linking you up. :)

zypsy said...

thanks jae:-)

Anonymous said...

Really nice!! Actually made me take a trip down my own memory lane...of people. things..somewhere there in memory...but not remembered as often!!

First time on ur blog, I like this space! can I link u up?

zypsy said...

sure chandni, that would be nice. really nice:-)