Monday, May 01, 2006

the movies

They say if you want something very badly, you get it.

I've finally got an offer from a company in Bangalore. And it didn't come out of the blue. I have been doing a lot of research on the net, making inquiries and collecting information about companies, sending my CV to companies or contacting the HR directly, making changes and posting my updated CV at Monster and Naukri...and it has finally paid off.

I have to join on the 22nd of May. I'm giving a one/two week notice period instead of the mandatory one-month notice period. I've to cut short my vacation from 2 weeks to 2 days, and that means I will be reaching home on the day of my sister's wedding and coming back to Bangalore the next day. There were no direct flights either; connecting flights at Kolkatta but I won't have time to revisit that city too.

The movers and packers have been contacted and I have chosen one of them to pack and move almost everything I have, to my new room/flat in Bangalore.

I'm leaving Delhi; no, it's not the capital of India, it's not the parks and gardens, the dhabas, the lovely winters, the wide roads and the monuments. It's not the rude abusive people either, or the rape capital. I'm just leaving a place I've called home, for about 9-10 years.

So many memories, and I know they are gonna haunt me for quite sometime, especially in my quiet moments. But then, I have got a new job in a new city, and I've got my girl waiting for me there. Moving to Bangalore because of a new job - that was the second reason. I'm moving to Bangalore because of love. I'm moving to that city because I wanna be with my girl, and that's the first and most important reason.

Straight from the movies - a friend told me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

confratulation!!!! this is great news...

and filmy or not filmy...I completely understand....I am gonna be doin something similar very soon :))))))))))

jugni said...

oh i love bangalore! i've spent so much time there over the last 6 years it's almost like second home to me!
congratulations dude! you take care and have fun in B'lore. :)

jugni said...

you have been TAGGED!
And as a ‘tag victim’, you are supposed to do the following:
1. Come up with 8 different points of your perfect lover.
2. Mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there’s no need to post again (merci merci!)

:)

zypsy said...

thanks chandni!!! doing something similar? now when are you gonna post about it:-)

have been to bglore 4-5 times but places i feel very close to, would be delhi, manali (almost all of himachal) and coimbatore.

i will write about the 8-point stuff around the weekend but i'm not sure if i can tag 8 bloggers. i read a lot but i don't leave comments most of the time, so i hardly know 8 bloggers that well or vice versa:-)

Anonymous said...

well well...may be someday I will post abt it...or then..may be not!! :))))

I love certain things about bangalore..and have some warm memories to good times spent there....

But its a pity u're leaving delhi
:((((

Dreamcatcher said...

:) that's so sweet. my boyfriend is moving to kolkata bcos of me :)

zypsy said...

it was me, then chandni, then you. this is spreading fast:-)

Swar Thounaojam said...

ure leaving delhi for ur woman in bangalore. i left delhi for my man in bangalore. and it is worth it, however much i love that old grand city. good luck, dude.

zypsy said...

bem: you too:-))))))) thanx!!